Enjoy the works of 14 nationally known artists from across the country during the 2nd Annual National Artists Invitational Show at 717 Gallery in Easton, June 5 to July 31, 2015. An opening reception is June 5 from 5-8 p.m. during Easton’s First Friday Gallery Walk.
The event will showcase evocative figures, still lifes, street scenes and landscapes created by some of America’s best artists.
“I am honored to have some of the leading artists in America accept the invitation to exhibit in this prestigious show,” said gallery director Yolanda Escobedo in a statement.
The following artists have accepted the invitation to show their paintings in this exhibition:
- Carolyn Anderson from Montana,
- John Michael Carter from Kentucky,
- Nancy Seamons Crookston from California,
- Howard Friedland from Montana,
- Peggi Kroll-Roberts from California,
- Robert Lemler from Arizona,
- Paul Mullally from Washington,
- Charles Movalli from Massachusetts,
- Ned Mueller from Washington,
- Laura Robb from New Mexico,
- Ray Roberts from California
- Randall Sexton from California,
- Matt Smith from Arizona, and
- Kevin Weckbach from Colorado
A $3,000 Best of Show, $1,000 People’s Choice, and two Awards of Excellence will be presented. The show will be curated by nationally recognized artist Louis Escobedo, who is exclusively represented by 717 Gallery.
The 717 Gallery is located at 717 Goldsborough St., Easton. It is open Wednesday through Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or by appointment. The phone number is 410-241-7020.
Upcoming art events at 717 Gallery include:
July 11-19: Plein Air — Easton! Competition & Arts Festival – 717 Gallery will host special events during the festival.
Sept. 4-Oct. 30: Solo Show by Louis Escobedo – Opening reception Sept. 4, 5-8 p.m.
Nov. 6-Dec. 31: Small Treasures – Featuring small works by Louis Escobedo and Chris Wilke with an opening reception Nov. 6, 5-8 p.m.