Coming up at ANNMARIE’S GARDEN IN LIGHTS
Schedule of Activities thru January 2
Santa Claus to hand out candy canes on Tuesday, Dec. 20, 6-9pm
Solomons, Md. – Dec. 19, 2011 – Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center in Solomons, Maryland, announced today a last minute addition to the schedule of activities for their award-winning light show, Garden in Lights. Santa Claus will visit Annmarie on Tuesday, Dec. 20, 6-9pm to hand out candy canes to each Garden In Lights guest! Bring your family for a last minute glimpse of the big guy before he prepares for his Christmas deliveries. After visiting with Santa, bundle up and head out the back doors for an unforgettable walk through the woods!
Winner of Maryland Life’s finest holiday tradition, Garden In Light is a magical tour that takes visitors on a beautiful trip through the glittering woods. As you stroll along the protected path, you will be transported to a magical place of spectacular lights and amazing “light sculptures.” Guests will be surrounded by mythical beasts, airplanes, dinosaurs, wild animals, pirates, illuminated works of art, and fantastical creations, to name but a few. Because all the “light sculptures” are handmade at Annmarie, the designs are one-of-a-kind. Nothing in the show is commercially available – it is all made just for visitors to Annmarie! Enjoy nightly entertainment, special discount nights, holiday shopping & other fun activities.
The Nightly Entertainment Schedule is as follows:
· Dec. 20 – Candy Cane Night: Santa Claus will hand out a candy cane to each guest; Patuxent Voices performs
· Dec. 21 – Ribbons & Bows performs
· Dec. 22 – Military Discount Night ($1 off admission with military ID); Calvert Brass Consortium performs
· Dec. 23 – Renee Fabian performs
· Dec. 24-25 – Garden in Lights closed
· Dec. 26 – Magic Ray Jazz performs
· Dec. 27 – Teen Night; Carrico performs
· Dec. 28 – Golf Cart Tours Night for our elderly and handicapped guests; Doug Alan Wilcox performs
· Dec. 29 – Golf Cart Tours Night for our elderly and handicapped guests; Port Tobacco Pickers performs
· Dec. 30 – Scarlet Chord performs
· Dec. 31 – New Year’s Eve with Annmarie: wear a festive hat and enjoy a family-friendly New Year’s Eve with Annmarie; Holden Boyles and John Virts performs
· Jan. 1, 2012– Pet Night: bring your well-behaved pet for a memorable walk ($1 per pet); Joyce Kinser performs
Starting the light show experience in Annmarie’s 15,000 sq. ft. arts building, visitors will begin their adventure with live entertainment, shopping opportunities at the 4th Annual Ornament Show & Sale, and be able to indulge in some light refreshments before heading outside to see the light sculptures. Garden in Lights is open nightly from 6:00pm to 9:00pm – weather permitting. Admission is only $5 (Children 4 and under and members are free). For more information about Garden in Lights or Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center, go to www.annmariegarden.org <http://www.annmariegarden.org> or call 410-326-4640.
Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center would like to thank its Garden in Lights sponsors including: SABRE Systems, SERVPRO of St. Mary’s and Calvert Counties, Old Line Bank, COMCAST, SMECO, Quality Built Homes, Bayside Chevrolet Toyota, PNC Bank, Edward L. Sanders Insurance Agency, Holiday Inn Select Solomons, Alexander Chiropractic Center, St. Mary’s Macaroni Kid, Print Press, and Jan Kleponis-O’Brien Realty
About Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center
An affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, Annmarie is located in scenic Solomons, Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay. The sculpture garden features a walking path that meanders through the forest, past permanent and loaned sculpture, including more than 30 works of art on loan from the Smithsonian Institution and the National Gallery of Art. The garden also presents a variety of award-winning special events, gallery shows, and engaging public art programs. Annmarie’s Studio School offers creative classes for all ages and abilities taught by a talented faculty. The garden is conveniently located just off Route 2-4, on Dowell Road in Solomons, Maryland. Annmarie is open 9am-5pm daily; the Arts Building and Gift Shop is open 10am-5pm daily. To learn more, visit www.annmariegarden.org <http://www.annmariegarden.org> .