Trick or Tracker 2.0 allows parents to easily monitor multiple children’s locations while trick or treating, and even notifies if a child has traveled outside an allowable perimeter and when a child arrives at a pre-set destination like home or school
The updated Trick or Tracker app can ease the stress of knowing exactly where your children are. Now that many, if not most, pre-teen and teen children carry phones, many of the circumstances that make them vulnerable when out of their parents’ or guardians’ sight can now be lessened with the safety-oriented app Trick or Tracker from Iconosys.
This updated app allows the parent/guardian to keep track of their little ghouls and goblins on children’s second most beloved holiday, Halloween, and during the rest of the year as well! Trick or Tracker, which utilizes Iconosys’ Guards Up, Latchkey Kid and Tether Together, installs on both the parent’s phone and the child’s phone, allowing the parent to find the child either on demand or at pre-set check-in intervals, and allowing the children to locate the parent or to send a distress message to the parent in a time of need, notifying the parent with the child’s exact physical location.
Trick or Tracker Bi-Directional Family Locator Features include:
• With the app, parents can locate their trick-or-treater with the touch of a single button on their Smartphone for ultimate convenience.
• The app installs easily on both the parent’s phone and the child’s own phone (note — if the child is too young to use a Smartphone, Iconosys believes that they are probably too young to trick-or-treat without being accompanied by a parent or guardian in any event).
• Using Iconosys’ Tether Together technology, the app triggers a message to be sent to the child’s phone with the help of a special secret pin; the pin is picked up by the child’s phone, engages the child’s phone to collect GPS coordinates and responds to the parent with the exact physical location of the child.
• The child’s phone has special “Where Am I?”, “Send Location”, and “Where’s My Parent?” buttons, and the parent’s phone has a corresponding “Where’s My Child?” button.
• Trick or Tracker can also be programmed to automatically send out updates of physical locations, in pre-set intervals, from the child’s phone to the parent’s phone. Additionally, the parent can set up their own “Geo-Fence” and “Location Triggers” to notify the parent if their child is traveling outside an allowable area, or has reached a pre-set destination, such as “home from school.”
• Only the child’s phone must be an Android OS phone. For the parent, any Google maps-loaded phone (including iPhone, Blackberry, or Windows Phone 7) will work using a simple manual process. However, for best results we recommend that both the parent and the child user should be on Android OS phones.
• The app also has a very handy flashlight feature that illuminates the phone screen, casting a ray of light on a child’s path and allowing them to travel more safely in the dark or into their treat bag as they sneak a quick treat along their journey. This flashlight feature is available in white, as well as in several glow-stick colors and patterns (orange, pink, blue, red, and green).
Trick or Tracker is now available for download from the Android Market, at Iconosys.com, and at TrickOrTracker.com. The app costs $4.99 for a lifetime license, but on Halloween Day, it will be available from www.trickortracker.com for free from 8 am EST until 11:59 pm EST. It is available in English and Spanish.