This 4th of July, take a hint from America’s best restaurants and spice up your happy hour with pure maple syrup and fresh berries from the farmers market to make a refreshing Ryeberry Cocktail.
* 6 fresh blackberries
* 3/4 ounce Grade A dark pure maple syrup from Canada
* 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
* 1.5 ounces rye (Rittenhouse) or Bourbon
* 2 ounces white cranberry juice
1. Muddle 5 blackberries, maple syrup and fresh lime juice.
2. Add rye and cranberry juice, shake and strain over ice. Garnish with 1 blackberry.
Yields 1 delicious cocktail
Visit www.purecanadamaple.com, become a fan of Canada Maple Syrup on Facebook, or follow @PureCanadaMaple on Twitter for more recipes to redo your happy hour and cook with maple.
For more delicious recipes click here.
|by Jeanne Slaughter, Mojito lover at heart.|