Parents can ensure kids get a lunch that’s good for them – and that they’ll eat – by making it themselves with products they trust. All Boar’s Head Brand® deli meats and cheeses are gluten free, and there are dozens of lower sodium and heart-healthy options to choose from, as well. No matter what your health priority, you can rest assured your family is in good hands with Boar’s Head.
Here are some simple tips from Boar’s Head for lunches and munches kids will love:
* Use cookie cutters to create a favorite shape sandwiches such as an airplane, car, star or heart. The fun shape might encourage your child to finish the entire sandwich.
* A colorful selection of food and different texture adds appeal – carrot sticks and green grapes for color, whole wheat pretzels and crackers for crunch.
* Put a surprise in your child’s lunch: a sticker, a note of encouragement, or a small toy.
* Children love the do-it-yourself aspect of building their own pizza or making their own cracker stack. You can make the experience fun and healthier by cubing Boar’s Head meats and cheeses and putting them in a bag along with some low-salt crackers.
* Roll Boar’s Head meats and cheeses for dipping into condiments – it will make a hungry child happy and keep them satisfied until dinner time.
At Home Style: Back to School Turkey and Apple Roll-ups
* 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat
* 1 96% fat free tortilla (8 inch)
* 2 slices Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat™ Turkey Breast
* 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
* 1/2 medium-sized apple, cut into thin strips
1. Spread cream cheese on one side of tortilla. Place turkey slices evenly over tortilla, then add spinach leaves and sliced apple. Roll tortilla tightly, tucking ingredients as you roll. Slice wrap in half diagonally and serve.
Click here for more tasty recipes from the At Home Style blog.
|by Jeanne Slaughter, Chesapeake Family’s Marketing Manager and Resident Foodie who wishes she was back in school so someone would pack her lunch for her.|