Middle, High school and college graduation season is right around the corner! If you are considering throwing a party for your son or daughter’s special day, here a few simple planning tips from The Classic Catering People that will ensure your party is both memorable and worry-free.
1. Plan the menu. In celebration of your child’s accomplishments, build a menu around their favorite foods. If possible, choose dishes that can be prepared in advance, with just warming and assembling required on the actual party day. If your budget allows, consider hiring an experienced caterer to reduce your workload. Many caterers have a number of menus with a wide range of selections and prices.
2. Line up additional help. Consider hiring a college student or a professional staffing service to help with replenishing buffet food, keeping food warm and cleaning. This will allow you time to enjoy your child’s special day without worrying about all of the moving parts.
3. Set the stage. Arrange furniture to ensure that guests can move easily from one part of your house to another. Based on the number of expected guests, develop a plan for seating. Fewer seats will encourage mingling. Remember to tuck away things that will be in the way, items that might get broken or any extra clutter. The time of year is right to take advantage of your deck or patio as an outside entertaining space. If you choose an outdoor setting, make sure to consider ample lighting for evening hours. Lastly, to keep the mood light and fun, decide on a playlist that will last throughout the duration of the party.
4. Display food. Thirty minutes before guests arrive, set out any appetizers or finger foods that do not need to be chilled. As soon as the doorbell rings, you’ll be ready to entertain instead of worrying about the food.
5. Notify neighbors. Tell next-door neighbors that you’re having a party in advance, especially if you expect it to be large, loud or parking-intensive.
The Classic Catering People is a full-service caterer based in Owings Mills, Maryland. For more information or to contact Classic Catering directly, please visit www.classiccatering.com.
Teriyaki Chicken Sliders
Watermelon Arugula Salad