According to the United States Department of Labor website, Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a…yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. So I say, hats off to us. Sit back, enjoy your day off and make this tasty treat to celebrate and enjoy your hard work.
Yankee Doodle Dandy Treats™
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces, about 40) regular marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal OR 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red-, white- and blue-colored sprinkles
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Crosswise cut in half, forming two 9 x 6 1/2-inch rectangles.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt white chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in oil. Add powdered sugar, stirring until combined. Add water. Stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture over one cereal rectangle. Top with second rectangle. Sprinkle with red, white and blue sprinkles, pressing lightly into cereal mixture. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 3 1/4 x 1-inch strips. Best if served the same day.
Serves: Servings 18 • Preparation Time: 30 minutes • Total Time: 1 hour • SOURCE: Kellogg
Click here for more delicious tasty treats from the At Home Style blog.
|by Jeanne Slaughter, Chesapeake Family’s Marketing Manager and Resident Foodie who is enjoying her day off!|