Sweets for the sweet. This recipe is an amazing one-dish wonder that requires no baking. Perfect for summer.
* 1 1/2 to 2 cups finely crushed or ground waffle/sugar cones (about 12 total. Waffle cones will yield 2 cups; sugar 1 1/2 cups.)
* 3 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 container (1.5 quarts) Vanilla Dreyer’s or Edy’s Slow Churned Light
* Ice Cream
* 1 1/4 cups Ovaltine Classic Malt Mix, divided
* 2 tablespoons lowfat milk
* 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed (optional)
* Chopped malt balls (optional)
1. COMBINE crushed cones, honey and butter in large bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and up side of plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
2. REMOVE ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping. For topping, combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for 5 hours or until firm.
3. SPRINKLE with chopped malt balls. Cut into 12 wedges (crust will be crumbly but oh so good!).
Makes 12 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions:
NOTE: Ovaltine Chocolate Malt, Ovaltine Rich Chocolate and Nestlé Nesquik Chocolate Flavor Powder taste great in the pie, too.
|by Jeanne Slaughter, Chesapeake Family’s Marketing Manager and Resident Foodie.|