Bring more to the table when grilling than brats and burgers with this tasty (and healthy) dish.
3/4 cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
24 large raw, headless, peeled shrimp, with tails on (about 1 pound)
24 whole green onions, trimmed to 6 inches in length
24 cherry tomatoes
2 poblano chili peppers, seeded and cut into 24 pieces
8 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1. Whisk marinade ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture in separate bowl and set aside. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp, seal tightly and coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning frequently.
2. Remove shrimp from marinade (reserving marinade). Place shrimp on skewers, alternating with tomatoes, chilies and onions (folded in half).
3. Preheat grill on high heat. Brush skewers with reserved marinade and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque in center.
4. Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan on the grill to heat slightly. Toss rice with black beans, cilantro and lemon zest.
5. To serve: Top rice with skewers and spoon remaining marinade over skewers.
Click here for more delicious recipes. Next week: Apple Snack Cake.