fbpx
42.9 F
Annapolis
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
HomeEducationSchoolBy The Numbers: Are you in the 80% who don't volunteer?

By The Numbers: Are you in the 80% who don’t volunteer?

volunteering

This week Chesapeake Family is focusing on volunteering and the numbers 20/80 keep popping up. We can thank 19th century Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto who came up with Pareto principle stating roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. The 80-20 rule applied to volunteering means that 20% of parents volunteer while the other 80% benefit form the 20%’s efforts. Sound familiar?

 

So how many people are volunteering in Maryland? How many students? Here’s some numbers from findthedata.org:

  • Volunteer Rate 29.4%
  • Older Adult Volunteer Rate 29.3%
  • Young Adult Volunteer Rate 22.4%
  • College Student Volunteer Rate 26.1%
  • Teenage Volunteer Rate 26.9%
  • Volunteer Hours Per Resident 45.7 hrs.
  • Baby Boomer Volunteer Rate 32.7%
  • Millennial Volunteer Rate 22.1%

Want to know more? Check out our story on dad’s volunterring in schools...

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Tips From our Sponsors

Stay Connected

8,086FansLike
2,238FollowersFollow
1,143FollowersFollow
4,076FollowersFollow

Most Read