The Calvert County Board of Education is seeking residents of central or northern Calvert County to serve on its Ethics Panel.
On August 11, 2011, the Board appointed two members from southern Calvert County and is looking for diversity in geographic representation.
Applicants may NOT:
- Be an incumbent member of the Board of Education;
- Be an employee of the Calvert County Public Schools;
- Hold an elected or appointed office in, or be a candidate for office in the federal government, the State of Maryland, Calvert County, a municipal corporation, or a political party;
- Be employed by a business entity subject to the authority of the Board of Education;
- Be a registered lobbyist for any organization in the State of Maryland that may create a conflict of interest;
- Be a student in Calvert County Public Schools; or
- Be the spouse of any person previously listed.
To apply, send a resume to: The Calvert County Board of Education, 1305 Dares Beach Road, Prince Frederick, MD, 20678, attention: Robin Welsh. Applications will be accepted until the Board fills the vacancy. Once an applicant expresses interest in serving on the panel, he or she will be asked to complete a short questionnaire.
The Board of Education Administrative Procedure 1740.2 Regarding the Ethics Panel describes the responsibilities of the Panel. It is available on the school system’s website at: http://www.calvertnet.k12.md.us/departments/administration/policies/policysection.asp?section=1000
For more information call Robin Welsh at 410-535-7220.