Introducing Chesapeake Family Life’s first YouTube contest! Thanks to YouTube, everyone can be a star with some patience and planning. But before your child can make it big, they’ll need a big break.
Do you have a crafty kid who can share a project, or an awesome gamer with a walkthrough to show off? Whatever the talent, we are looking for local kids to embrace the spotlight and enter our very first You on YouTube Contest for a chance to win a GoPro camera!
To enter, Submit a 30-second to 1-minute video showcasing a product review or unboxing, or a how-to tutorial. Submit the entry by publishing a video on YouTube or Instagram, then tagging Chesapeake Family on Facebook @ChesapeakeFamilyMagazine, Instagram @Chesapeake_Family, or emailing the clip or link to Editor@ChesapeakeFamily.com.
Entries will be accepted Feb. 1 through Mar. 31, 2018
The winner will be selected by Chesapeake Family Life staff and notified by April 15, through the channel their video was initially submitted (email or tagging). It will also be posted to our YouTube Channel and shared throughout our social media channels.
If you’re looking for a little extra guidance on how to get started, we’ve set up a YouTube playlist here, or read Putting the You in YouTube from our February issue, which helped kick off the contest.
Official Contest Rules
1. Participants (ie, on-camera personalities) must be 18 and under. Parents may use their social media accounts to submit entries for children too young or without social media accounts.
2. Videos must adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines
3. Videos must be family-friendly (appropriate for children under 13).
4. Videos must be wholly compliant and consistent with the YouTube Terms of Service.
5. Chesapeake Family Life has permission to share the video content on all of its networks, including website and social media channels, but does not retain ownership of the material.6. Entrants must understand that YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest.7. Chesapeake Family will not sell or distribute any personal data collected for the contest.
Prizes: The winner will receive one GoPro Hero5 camera, courtesy of Camp Wabanna.
Questions, comments or concerns? Please email Editor@ChesapeakeFamily.com.