Gear up for your holiday weekend potluck with this delicious sweet and savory Asian slaw. You’ll use the juice from a can of Mandarin oranges and a bit of peanut butter to zip up the dressing a bit before tossing everything together. To make the dish a main instead of a side dish, just buy a rotisserie chicken, remove the skin, shred into bite-sized pieces and add to the slaw. Be sure to add the chow mein noodles right before before serving, as they can get mushy if the sit in the dressing too long. Enjoy!
Asian Peanut Slaw
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 bag (16 ounces) three-color deli slaw mix
- chow mein noodles
Drain juice from mandarin oranges into mixing bowl and reserve oranges.
Add dressing, peanut butter and red pepper, then whisk until well-blended. Add peanuts, oranges and coleslaw mix, and toss until thoroughly coated. Garnish with chow mein noodles right before serving.
Recipe courtesy of the Georgia Peanut Commission