A good pasta salad is one of my favorite summer meals. Keeping it on the healthier side, well, that’s where it can sometimes be more of a challenge. Most use tons of mayo, which while delicious, is totally a health no-no. Subbing in Greek yogurt with just a touch of mayo instead adds great flavor and is definitely a healthier option. This pasta salad makes an almost tzatziki-like dressing in the blender to coat your noodles. To save a pot and some time, the broccoli is cooked by adding it to the cooking pasta during the last minute. How easy is that? Want to up the protein? Leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken with turn this delicious side into an easy main dish your entire family will enjoy.
Greek Pasta Salad with Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Sicilian Sea Salt
- 8 ounces pasta, such as cellentani or gemelli
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, quartered (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
For the Cucumber Yogurt Dressing, place cucumber, yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, dill, oregano and sea salt in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Greek Pasta Salad, cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli during last 1 minute of cooking. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
Place cooked pasta, broccoli, tomatoes and onions in large bowl. Add Cucumber Yogurt Dressing; toss gently to coat. Top with optional olives and feta cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick & Company, Inc.