Pasta salad is terrifically flexible, and a perfect summer meal when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Today’s recipe features great Greek flavors and is easily adaptable to suit your own family’s taste. We’re adding lots of fresh veggies like green peppers and cherry tomatoes, but you can mix it up and use red peppers instead, or even skip them all together. Want to make this more of a main dish? Add a bit of leftover rotisserie chicken and serve on a bed of lettuce — voila!
Hint: If you’re making pasta salad ahead of time, stir in just 1/4 of your dressing and reserve the rest. Just before serving, add the remaining dressing and toss to combine. Pasta loves to absorb dressing and this will prevent your salad from getting dry.
Greek Pasta Salad
Sun-Dried Tomato Salad Dressing:
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Thai Style Chili Sauce
- 6 cups rotini pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 4-ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 3.8-ounce can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped dill weed, fresh
For dressing, whisk together sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, basil, capers, garlic, and rice vinegar.
For salad, whisk together dressing and chili sauce, set aside. In large bowl, combine pasta and remaining ingredients, tossing to combine. Add salad dressing and stir to combine.
Recipe adapted from Kikkoman