Grilled Ribeye (Rib) Pork Chop with Easy Spicy BBQ Sauce
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 1-inch thick each
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing grill grate
Spicy BBQ Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat grill over medium high heat and brush with olive oil. Season chops with generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides.
Place pork on grill for 9-10 minutes, turning once halfway through, until cooked to an internal temperature of 150-155 degrees F. Remove pork from grill, tent with foil; let rest for 3 minutes.
To make bbq sauce, heat oil in pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft and add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, vinegar, and cayenne. Simmer for 15 minutes so sauce thickens and turn off heat. Once cooled, puree sauce in a blender.
Serve the chops with a spoonful of BBQ sauce.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board