If you’re having a gathering with friends and family, this tasty fiesta-ized dip is quick and so easy that even the kids can lend a hand. It requires lots of pouring and stirring, and of course, tasting! A tip for seasoning: If you’re making a dip, always be sure to taste with whatever your dipper is. If you season your dip so that it’s perfect on a spoon, once you introduce notoriously salty tortilla chips into the equation, it may be over-salted. Just use a chip for tasting and your seasoning will be spot on.
Mexican Fiesta Dip
- 2 (16-ounce) can Goya black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.25-ounce) can Muir Glen diced tomatoes no salt added
- 2 (11-ounce) cans Del Monte Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn no salt added, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso mild green chilies chopped, drained
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped, well-washed cilantro
- Baked tortilla chips
In large bowl combine black beans, diced tomatoes with liquid, corn, green chilies, olive oil, vinegar, salt and Tabasco. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
To serve, stir in avocado and cilantro to mix well. Serve with tortilla chips.
Adapted from Can Manufacturers Institute