Baking cookies and treats seems to be just as big a part of the holiday season as buying gifts for the kiddies. I love to share goodies with my friends and family, but don’t want to spend hours and hours in the kitchen, with tons of dishes and baking sheets to clean. Take it easy on yourself this year and whip up a batch of these yummy bar cookies. You’ll use just one baking dish and still have plenty of treats to share. This recipe is super simple to whip together and has that wonderful peppermint flavor folks love.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Makes 36 servings
- 1 package (21 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 15 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
2. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons butter, cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
4. Microwave chocolate and remaining 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter in large microwave bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick