During the holiday season, I’m always on the lookout for for a decadent breakfast treat that the kids and I can cook together. We’ve made stuffed French toast casseroles, eggs Benedict, cinnamon rolls and so, so much more. I don’t mind a few extra calories in December, especially if it means I can dust off that waffle iron we received as a wedding present all those years ago. So this year, we’re making these delicious, super-rich, fantastic Raspberry-Almond Waffles. To quote my favorite donkey, “‘Cause in the morning? I’m makin’ waffles!”
Raspberry Almond Waffles
Makes: 10 (6-inch) waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1-14-ounce can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest Lakeside Raspberry Cranberry Preserves or 2/3 cup Smucker’s Red Raspberry Preserves
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
- 30 fresh red raspberries
To make waffles:
1. COAT waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Reserve 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk for topping.
2. WHISK eggs in large bowl until fluffy. Blend in remaining sweetened condensed milk, flour, water, oil, baking powder, salt and almond extract just until batter is smooth. Stir in chopped almonds.
3. POUR a scant 2/3 cup of batter onto center of hot waffle iron and close lid. Bake about 3 to 4 minutes or until steaming stops. Use a fork to remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
To make topping:
1. BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add reserved 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Beat until smooth.
2. SPREAD each waffle with 1 tablespoon preserves. Top with whipped cream, toasted almonds and fresh raspberries.
*To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately to avoid over-browning.