If you’re looking for a super simple dinner to pull together on a weeknight, this chili is it. By using already chopped veggies from the freezer section, you can cut your prep time in half, plus eliminate a bit of clean-up time too. This recipe is great with ground beef or even ground turkey if you’re looking to keep dinner on the lighter side. At my house, we always serve chili over cooked rice, so feel free to cook some basmati or brown rice too. It makes the dish just a wee bit more filling.
Super Simple Chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 bag (8 ounces) Birds Eye® Recipe Ready Chopped Green Peppers & Onions
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Brown ground beef with Recipe Ready Chopped Green Peppers & Onions in medium saucepot. Drain fat and discard. Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered, 30 minutes. Serve, if desired, with reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and light sour cream.