In the past year, Microsoft adCenter, Google AdWords, and Yahoo Search Marketing have simplified the SEM process. Even a total technophobe can do it. But if SEM still gives you the shivers, here are some easier ways to drive more customers and prospects to your Web site:
- Search for linking opportunities.
- Links from other sites boost your site’s prominence.
- Post advice-laden articles on your site and disseminate them through Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds.
- Send more press releases, with links to customized landing pages, as that can greatly improve your search engine rankings.
- Tap into social media. Tools in place enable very accurate identification, targeting, and segmentation of audiences at a fraction of the cost of traditional media. Just be sure you understand the etiquette of each channel.
- Place your Web site’s URL in as many places as possible. That includes your email signature and all social and business networking sites.
- Add a “refer-a-friend” link on your Web site. You’ll enable interested prospects and enthusiastic customers to do your marketing for you.
Edited by Ken Beaulieu