Relive old memories of the Enchanted Forest and make some new ones with your children at the Enchanted Forest’s 60th birthday celebration Aug. 15-16 at Clark’s Elioak Farm in Ellicott City.
There will be roving fairy tale and story book characters, family activities, local artwork on exhibit, photos and memorabilia from the Enchanted Forest and more.
The schedule includes:
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Enchanted Forest Employees Reunion.
- 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. “Into the Woods” mini performances. Actors from the Drama Learning Center will perform selections.
- 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Norm Cavey, Vern Hatheway and Patsy Selby talk about their years working at the Enchanted Forest. Hear all the behind the scenes stories.
- Noon Birthday Celebration and Enchanted Castle Ribbon Cutting.
- Noon to 3 p.m. Gem Mining with Tom Cummins. Join the seven dwarfs, purchase a bucket full of enriched ore and use the water flume to discover gems you can take home with you. Geode cracking, too.
- 12:30 p.m. Prince Story Time. Drama Learning Center characters will entertain with fairy tales and nursery rhymes.
- 1:30 p.m. Princess Sing-a-longs with the Drama Learning Center characters.
- 3-4 p.m. Tony McGuffin, folksinger performs.
- 12:30 Princess Story Time with the Drama Learning Center characters.
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. Gymboree Play & Music parachute time, bubbles and more.
- 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. “Into the Woods” mini performances from the Drama Learning Center.
- 2 p.m. Patsy Selby tells her Enchanted Forest behind the scenes stories.
- 2-4 p.m. Janet Kusterer and Martha Clark will be signing copies “The Enchanted Forest: Maryland’s Storybook Park”
- 3 p.m. Enchanted Forest Memory Lane Poto Contest winners announced.
- 3:15-4:15 p.m. Tony McGuffin, folksinger, performs.
The event will run Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, noon-5 p.m. and is $6. Clark’s Elioak Farm is located at 10500 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City. For details visit clarklandfarm.com