fbpx
62.4 F
Annapolis
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Home Blog Popcorn Parent Movie Reviews Family Movie Review: Inequality for All (PG)

Family Movie Review: Inequality for All (PG)

InequalityForAll ChesapeakeFamilyMovieReviewKernel Rating (out of 5): whole-popcorn-kernalwhole-popcorn-kernalwhole-popcorn-kernalhalf-popcorn-kernal

MPAA Rating: PG       Length: 89 minutes

Age Appropriate For: 10+. There’s nothing really offensive here outside of language, but thematically, younger children may not totally get it or really be interested. But I think tweens, who may begin to understand money, wealth, and differences between themselves and their friends in relation to class, should be able to grasp this. It’s important to help ground children, especially as our society continues to pride luxury technological goods and other pricey items.

The subject of the documentary ‘Inequality for All,’ Robert Reich, may be a little too enamored of himself and his observations on the disappearing middle class. But if you can get past his adoration for his own ideas, the documentary is a shockingly educational one about the wealth disparity growing in our America.

By Roxana Hadadi

Fact-by-fact, documentary “Inequality for All” is upsetting and startling. Here are some key things: 400 people in the U.S. have more money than half of the nation’s population, combined. Of the nation’s children who are born into poverty, a strong percentage of them—about a fourth—will never get out of it. And the gap between the 1 percent and the rest of us, the 99 percent, is growing wider and wider every day. Director Jacob Kornbluth throws statistics like those as fast as he can in “Inequality for All,” and for the most part, the documentary effectively analyzes the reality behind those figures.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Tips From our Sponsors

Stay Connected

8,086FansLike
2,238FollowersFollow
1,118FollowersFollow
4,138FollowersFollow

Most Read