We never knew what caused the vomiting, and like most vomiting episodes, it was fairly harmless, and he was fine afterward. However, vomiting can have several causes such as a viral infection, nervousness over being somewhere new, food poisoning, motion sickness, and overeating.
There are a few things that you can do to ease, and maybe relieve, the discomfort of nausea and vomiting. Have your child:
- drink clear or cold drinks, and be sure to drink slowly
- avoid tooth brushing after eating
- don’t mix hot and cold foods
- avoid fried, greasy foods [that’s a good rule anytime]
- eat light, bland foods (try Saltine crackers, plain bread, or even a banana)
- ease up on activity and get some rest
As always, if you suspect something isn’t quite right, err on the side of caution and visit a health care provider.