Calvert Library has started hosting Swap Events and a Celebrate & Decorate swap is planned for next week.
On Monday, Nov 3, bring Halloween decorations, costumes as well as any other seasonal décor you are tired of and be ready to find something new! The swap event will be held from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Calvert Library Prince Frederick.
The swap includes not just seasonal décor but even extra napkins left over from a baby shower or extra Batman plates from a birthday party. Bring holiday recipes to share and trade. If you are looking for a new theme for your Christmas tree, the swap is perfect. This is a great opportunity to refresh your decoration stash and pick out costumes for next year.
Here is a list of items to swap for this event:
- Holiday Decorations — Christmas, Fourth of July, Halloween, Hanukkah, etc…
- Seasonal Decorations —fall, winter, spring, summer
- Special Occasions —Wedding decorations, sweet 16, baby shower, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, sports party, birthday themed party cake pans, decor, etc…
- Costumes — clean and gently used
- Holiday Recipes — index cards or regular 8.5×11 paper printed legibly with name, ingredients, measurements, directions and servings.
To supplement the swap there will also be holiday bow-making demonstrations, refreshments and music. Bring your own bags/boxes to carry new items home. Leftover items will be donated to a thrift store.
Other swap events scheduled include:
- Community Seed Swap, Jan. 24, 1-3 p.m. at Calvert Library Southern Branch.
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink Swap, April 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Calvert Library Prince Frederick.
- Out of the Pool and Back to School Swap, July 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Calvert Library Prince Frederick.
More details on all the swap events can be found at the Calvert Library website or by calling Robyn Truslow at 410-535-0291.
For family fun events check out events calendar.