fbpx
48.8 F
Annapolis
Monday, February 6, 2023
HomeBlogFranklySteinFinding myself in the volunteering 20 percent — FranklyStein

Finding myself in the volunteering 20 percent — FranklyStein

I’m generally part of the 20 percent. You know, the 80-20 rule where 20 percent of the people volunteer to do the work while the other 80 percent don’t?

I just learned that this is an actual theory presented by 19th century economist Vilfredo Pareto. It’s called the Pareto principal. But regardless of who came up with the theory, I’ve found it to be true in my life as a parent.

I’m not sure what drives me to be in the 20 percent. With four kids and a job, I have very little free time, but I have trouble not volunteering. I can’t sit back when other people are working. Maybe its just Catholic guilt.

 

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Tips From our Sponsors

Stay Connected

8,086FansLike
2,238FollowersFollow
1,143FollowersFollow
4,076FollowersFollow

Most Read