Maryland middle school students are invited to enter the 2014 Maryland Middle School Recipe Contest and show off their knowledge of healthy cooking.
Maryland Academy of Nutrition & Dieticians is celebrating good health and hopes middle school students join in by entering a recipe in the contest by March 15. Middle school students can submit an original recipe or a modified family recipe that is healthy. The winner receives a Sporting Goods gift card up to $200.
Maryland Middle School Recipe Contest rules include:
- You must be a currently enrolled Middle School student in the state of Maryland.
- At least one of your parent(s) or guardian(s) should be aware of your participation. A parent/guardian name and contact number must be included on the submission form.
- You must submit your entry either by USPS mail (postmark) or email by the deadline of March 15, 2014 aat midnight. Send USPS mail entries to: Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, PO Box 212, Severna Park, MD 21146 or Email entries to: MANDrecipecontest@gmail.com.
- Submit an original recipe or a modified family recipe that demonstrates one or more of the following a. includes more whole grains, b. includes more fruit or vegetables, and/or c. has less fat. If you submit a modified recipe, you must include both the original and modified recipes. The healthy recipe should maintain or enhance the taste and look of the final product. Your submission needs to include all the ingredients with amounts and preparation directions to be considered. A picture of the finished recipe showing how good it looks will improve eligibility!
- Complete the submission form and send with your recipe.
- The winner will be notified and posted on the M.A.N.D. website on March 31, 2014.
For details or a link to the submission form visit the Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dieticians website.