Visit embassies for FREE with Washington, DC History & Culture when your family joins in the “Around the World Embassy Tour.”
More than 40 embassies will open their doors to DC visitors and residents Saturday, May 5, 2018 for the International Embassy Open House as part of the “Around the World Embassy Tour.” Participants can travel the world as they experience the food, art, dance, fashion, and music of different countries and cultures. In the past, visitors have been treated to karate demonstrations, dance performances, sari wrapping lessons, and henna demonstrations. Event is family friendly and occurs rain or shine.
- All embassies are open from 10am to 4pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Admission is free. Reservations are not required.
- Street parking is available but difficult at many embassy locations. Visitors are advised to utilize the DC Metro as many embassies are within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Van Ness Metrorail stations.
- Many embassies require photo ID for admission.
- Embassies on International Drive are larger and often have shorter lines than those on Embassy Row.
Meeting point TBA 7 days prior to the event. In the past it has been Dupont Circle or another DC Metro stop. It is suggested to follow @DCCulture and #PassportDC (Passport DC ) and preregister for updates.