My boys love moon bounces. One of our favorite spots is Ultimate Play Zone in Millersville, but we recently heard about a new place, Jump!Zone, in Bowie, so we decided to give it a try.
We went on a Monday morning during Open!Play at around 11 a.m. On weekdays they offer two open play times a day, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m. The rate is $8 per child (ages 2 to 12) on weekdays and $10 on Friday afternoons and weekends. Parents are free. There is also the option of a six-session punch card for $30, but since this was our first visit, I declined. I’ve totally made the mistake in the past of buying a punch card, not liking the place and never using it again.
I was shocked when we went inside that the place was almost empty. Only one other mother and child were there. The facility was also immaculate. There were new carpets and everything was clean and welcoming. They currently have five different inflatable bounce houses:
- A circular enclosed carousel-shaped bounce house.
- A gigantic Superman-themed inflatable with an easy-to-manage obstacle course and tall slide.
- A second, harder, obstacle course that my 2-year old was actually able to get through with some help from his older brother.
- A double-slide, firetruck-themed inflatable.
- A Frozen-themed house appropriate for little bouncers, though my boys had fun flopping around in it and pointing out their favorite characters from the movie.
Here are some things I really enjoyed about this particular facility:
- Tall ceilings and an open floor plan. Despite being in a fairly small space, it doesn’t feel like it, and though it was practically empty while we were there, there’s lots of room for kids to run from one bounce house to another without bumping into each other.
- Lots of round picnic tables and benches for sitting, and free wifi for parents (there is only so much bouncing an adult can take).
- An area with a play mat and activities on the wall for infants and crawlers while older siblings are bouncing.
- A variety of bounce houses for different skill levels.
- Two open play times every weekday, unlike other facilities that offer more restricted times. I would guess the afternoon open play time is more crowded since school is out. Open play times are also offered on weekends from 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturdays and noon-6 p.m., Sundays.
Honestly, my only criticism of this facility is the small set of stairs leading from one level to another, which my kids tumbled up and down a few times before getting used to them. A ramp is also available instead of the stairs, which they learned to use pretty quickly.
I also noticed that weekend birthday parties are during open play, so unless you’re willing to pay to rent the whole facility, you’d be sharing the place with the public. The website does state there is private access to a party room.
I’m happy to have another fun indoor “bouncy place” to take my kids during this rainy spring season!
Jump!Zone is located at 6858 Race Track Road. For details call 240-681-2500 or visit the Jump!Zone website.
Mandy Watts is a stay-at-home mom who lives in Crownsville with her husband, Justin, who runs their family business, and their two sons, 4-year-old James and 2-year-old Luke.