With the weather we’ve had these past few weeks, it’s likely parents are tired of being stuck in the house with antsy kids. If you are looking for activities to help them burn off some energy, here are some great ways for kids to have fun indoors.
Be With Me Playseum, Bethesda, MD
- Indoor children’s museum where parents can learn and create with their kids.ace to build good family memories that engage all five senses in the Playseum’s Children’s Book and Toy Store in the design of a Kid-Size City, offering hands-on fun throughout 12 different rooms called “cityshops”. Activities range from decorating cupcakes in the bakery to making home-made toothpaste in the dentist office. Open select dates.
Admission: $9 per person, under 11 months free.
For hours and more information: 301-807-8028 or playseum.com
Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Columbia, MD
Indoor trampoline park
Open play hours available and times for different age groups. Special Toddler Time group available.
North Arundel Aquatic Center, Glen Burnie, MD
Indoor pool and water park with water slides, a splash down area, water buckets, a vortex and a poolside spa for adults.l
Ages 2 and up (Must be potty trained – no swim diapers allowed)
For hours and information: 410-222-0090 or Department of Parks and Recreation
Earth Treks Climbing Centers, Colulmbia, Timonium and Rokville, MD
- Indoor climbing gyms for all ages and adults.
- Offers Friday night climbing for ages 6-12 and open climbs for ages 5 and older on weekends.
- For hours and information: earthtreksclimbing.com/md
Piney Orchard Ice Arena, Odenton, MD
- Open skate hours offered daily except Saturdays.
- For schedule and hours: 410-672-7013 or pineyicerink.com