For those rainy, chilly days or the times when your family is looking for some inside fun, indoors play spaces can provide new and interesting ways to have a great time.
Our list below gives your family a variety of ways to find indoor entertainment from activities to burn off some energy to play spaces that will engage your child’s imagination.
Make sure before you head out to check current policies as some places require registration or reservations ahead of your visit.
Indoor Fun in Maryland
Be With Me Playseum, Westfield Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MD
- Indoor children’s museum where parents can learn and create with their kids. Its a place to build good family memories that engage all five senses in the Playseum’s Children’s Book and Toy Store in the design of a Kid-Size City, offering hands-on fun throughout 12 different rooms called “cityshops”. Activities range from working with numbers in the Italian restaurant to making home-made toothpaste in the dentist office. Open 7 days a week.
Admission: $12 per person, under 11 months free.
For hours and more information: (240) 507-8965 or playseum.com
Sky Zone Trampoline Park, Columbia, MD
Indoor trampoline park with attractions including the foam zone, ninja warrior course and Skyclimb
Open play hours available and times for different age groups. Special Toddler Time group available.
For more information: (410) 834-5717 or skyzone.com/columbia
North Arundel Aquatic Center, Glen Burnie, MD
Indoor pool and water park with water slides, a splash down area, water buckets, a vortex and a poolside spa for adults.l
Ages 3 and up (Must be potty trained – no swim diapers allowed)
For hours and information: 410-222-0090 or aacounty.org
Earth Treks Climbing Centers, Colulmbia, Timonium and Rockville, MD
- Indoor climbing gyms for all ages and adults. The site has an occupancy counter so you can see how many climbers are currently at the gym before you head over. You can also make reservations.
- Offers Friday night climbing for ages 6-12 and open climbs for ages 5 and older on weekends. Check their current policies as there may be Covid related rules.
- For hours and information: earthtreksclimbing.com
Piney Orchard Ice Arena, Odenton, MD
- Open skate hours available, must register ahead of time online.
- For schedule and hours: 410-672-7013 or pineyicerink.com
Annapolis Bowl, Annapolis, MD
This bowling alley near the Annapolis Mall offers discounted pricing Monday-Friday, Saturdays before 6 p.m. and Sunday.
For specials and more information: 410-266-0700 or gobowlingannapolis.com
Benfield Sportscenter, Millersville, MD
Drop-in soccer and volleyball for high school age and adults plus pickleball. There are also sports leagues and classes for various ages.
For more information: 410-987-5100 or benfieldsc.com
Anne Arundel County Public Libraries
For those with younger children, Anne Arundel County’s public libraries have weekly programs catered for youngsters. Dates and times vary by branch.
Babies in Bloom is a half-hour filled with stories, songs, and finger-food for babies up to age 2. Due to covid restrictions, story times can be found online.
Storytime for ages 2 to 5
For specific information by location: Anne Arundel County Public Libraries
Looking for more fun things to do? Check out other indoor activities your family will enjoy!