Have the kids dress up as their favorite wizard or witch and head to the B&O Railroad Museum for Witches & Wizards Day Saturday, Oct. 24.
Kids can take a train ride, play Quidditch, learn to mix potions and much more.
The Wizards Express train ride departs from the station at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Young wizards and witches can also:
- Enter into the B&O’s Magical World of Magic through an enchanted walkway.
- Take a journey through the Magical Object Tour.
- Play a game of Quidditch.
- Check out crafts stations including Wand Making & Wizard Hat Making.
- Watch the Wizard Show — two 15 minute stage performances per hour in the Roundhouse.
Several classes will also be offered including:
- Herbology Class where kids can learn all about the care of plants and their magical properties.
- Young Wizards Academy where wizards and witches participate in hands-on STEAM educational experiments and learn about engineering.
- Edible Potions Class where visitors can craft some edible potions in the Potions Classroom.
Museum hours are Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is $18 for adults and $12 for children ages 2-12. For details visit the B&O Railroad Museum website.