Need a fun activity to get your tweens and teens off their screens and out doing something? Take them to a skate park!
Skate parks in the Baltmore/Annapolis area
Here are several skate parks that aren’t too far from the Annapolis area:
Charmcity Skatepark, Baltimore
- Indoor skate park
- Hours: Mon-Sat 12:30-8:30 p.m., Sun 12-6 p.m.
- Price: $10 before 5 p.m., $5 after 5 p.m.
- 4401 O’Donnell Street, Baltimore
- Lighted 10,000 square foot concrete skating facility open for skateboard and inline skating with street and vert skating elements.
- Free, helmet required
- Sunrise to 10 p.m., 7 days a week. Lights turned on by request until 9 p.m. daily. Call 240-508-3881.
- Allen Pond Park, 3330 Northview Drive, Bowie
Skatepark at Sawmill Creek Park, Glen Burnie
- Sunrise to sunset 7 days a week
- 7405 Charley Eckman Lane, Glen Burnie
- Outdoor facility
- 15,000 square feet of ramps and includes a combination of elements found in both street and vert courses.
- $6 per session. Free for CA plan members.
- Open noon-10 p.m. most days, noon-8 p.m. Sundays.
- 5453 Harpers Farm Road, Columbia
Centennial Park Skate Spot, Ellicott City
- Located in Centennial Park North
- Includes ramps, platforms, 4-foot quarter pipes and a set of stairs with a down ledge.
- Open dawn to dusk daily, weather permitting
- Entrance off Centennial Lane
Photo: Columbia SkatePark
More family fun ideas can be found in our complete events calendar.