The New Herman & Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore is opening March 1. The Herman & Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai offers a full range of pediatric specialty services, for patients from birth to 18 years of age and older, supporting area pediatricians with comprehensive care.
The facility features 26 private inpatient rooms. Each inpatient room is equipped with a video game system, 42″ flat screen television, sofa bed for parents, storage with a combination lock and a small table for paperwork, homework or playing games. Each room includes a full bathroom with a shower, child seat and a removable shower head for smaller children. Computers are located in each room for staff documentation.
Additional highlights of the new facility include:
• 4,800 square feet hospital lobby
• 23,200 square feet inpatient pediatrics unit
• Interior marine design theme
• Live broadcast feed from National Aquarium in Baltimore
• Larger playroom for kids, and a separate room for teens
• Physical therapy treatment room, two nurses stations and medical staff offices on the unit
• Pediatric themed décor including furniture, art and accessories
• Spacious rooms with windows and lots of natural light
• Several small gathering areas for patients and families outside of their rooms
• Green roof area which is visible from the playroom area
• Family hospitality area that includes a microwave, sink and refrigerator
• Environmental control spaces and clinical support spaces
• On-site Build-A-Bear store