The deadline is tomorrow for nominating someone for the Ninth Annual Mentoring Awards, sponsored by the Volunteer Center For Anne Arundel County.
Help celebrate those that make a difference in the lives of young people by mentoring in the community. Nominations can be submitted in the following categories:
- Youth Mentoring Programs in Anne Arundel County, including: In-school and after-school programs, community-based and business-based programs and faith-based programs
- AVID Volunteer of the Year
- Peer (Youth) Mentor of the Year
- Mentor of the Year
- Lifetime Mentor Award
- Community Hopeologist of the Year (to recognize an individual who has been instilling hope, optimism and success in children)
- Hope Square Award (to recognize a school or community program that embraces the Kids at Hope philosophy in their program)
All that is required is that you submit one or more nominations by close of business on Feb. 25, to the Volunteer Center for Anne Arundel County. The nomination forms may be downloaded from our website at www.volunteerannearundel.org/specialevents and mailed to the Volunteer Center at 2666 Riva Road, Ste 130, Annapolis, MD 21401.
The Awards Celebration will be held March 13 from 6-8 pm, at the Bates Legacy Center, 1101 Smithville Street in Annapolis. The public is invited to attemd tje free event on March 14th to honor the award winners and learn more about mentoring. Registration is required and donations are welcomed.
Any questions about nominations or the awards ceremony should be directed to Holli Dillard-Cranfill at 410-897-9207 or email@example.com