Tips & Tricks for a Winning Photo
Here’s how you can make sure your pet picture is a winner!
- Submit a high-resolution photo (300 dpi).
- Take your photos vertically, so they fit on our cover correctly.
- Remember, this is for our February cover, so while pets are so cute dressed as Santa, no matter how adorable they are, they won’t grace a February cover in a Santa hat or in front of a stack of presents.
- Keep in mind the season. Think February—snow and winter—not spring, summer or fall.
- We need to be able to fit words and our logo on the cover, so make sure your photo allows space for these things.
- Not a great photographer? That’s okay! Send your pics in anyway with your pet’s awesome story. We are suckers for good stories, and if you don’t make the cover, you could still make it in the magazine when we highlight our contest entries.
- Have fun! We can’t wait to see your submissions and look forward to sharing them on Facebook.
To enter, go to ChesapeakeFamily.com/pet-contest
Simply fill out the information (don’t forget to tell us what makes your pet special) and upload your photo.
We look forward to your entries, virtually meeting your furry friends, and sharing their stories on social media.
After you enter, be sure to share our gallery with your friends and family so they can vote for your entry!