Registration is now open for Anne Arundel County’s fall adaptive recreation programs. All eight-week programs are non-competitive, and everyone is encouraged to participate to the best of their ability.
Some programs are offered at Freedom Field at Lake Waterford Park in Pasadena, Maryland. Programs include:
- Wednesdays 5-7 p.m., beginning Sept. 5
Kick ball or soccer
- Thursdays 5-7 p.m., beginning Sept. 6
- For both adults and youth
- Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., beginning Sept. 8
- Saturdays, 12-2 p.m., beginning Sept. 8
- Eight week programs
- Beginner program: Ruth P. Easton Special School, Millersville
- Advanced Program: North Arundel Aquatic Center, Glen Burnie
The county is also holding Friday night social clubs for teens and young adults ages 13 and up. On Friday nights beginning Sept. 14, from 6:30-9 p.m., participants will have fun in a safe, structured environment, while parents can enjoy a Friday night out. Social clubs will be held at Central Special School in Edgewater and Ruth P. Easton Special School in Millersville.
For more information on the county’s adaptive sports programs call Wendy Scarborough at 410-222-7313 or to register, visit aacounty.org/recparks.