Today is great day to take a trip up to Hagerstown, MD.
Hagerstown is the perfect place for a day trip or a weekend adventure. From historical tours and beautiful hiking trails to museums and sporting events, there’s something for everybody. Here are some of the many family fun activities available in Hagerstown:
- Go to a car racing event at Hagerstown Speedway, the capital of dirt track racing. Their Monster Jam event is July 17-22, and there are lots of other events and races for the family.
- Attend living history events at Fort Frederick State Park throughout the summer. See real barracks from the French & Indian War period, musket firing demonstrations and battle encampments.
- Take a family hike along the Appalachian Trail, a national park – Washington County is the geographical center of the trail, and has 22 miles of it.
- Bike along the C&O Canal – Washington County has the largest portion of the towpath than any other jurisdiction along the way. The Canal is also a National Park.
- Go rafting or canoeing in the Antietam Creek, Potomac River, or the Shenandoah – River & Trail Outfitters in Knoxville, MD offers all the gear you need, and convenient drop off/pick up points.
While you’re in town, the Hagerstown & Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a social media photo contest: #HappyInHagerstown encourages visitors and residents to post their photos to the CVB facebook page, using the #HappyInHagerstown hashtag. The contest runs July 13 to August 7. Any photo taken in Hagerstown is can be entered and shared on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, but Facebook likes will help your chances of winning. The top winner of the contest will receive a prize of $500, the second place winner will receive $250 and third place will win $100. The CVB selection committee will share the top three contest winners on August 10.
Today’s post was sponsored by Hagerstown & Washington County Convention and Visitors Bureau.