2020 was of course a year like no other. With great change also comes great reflection.
As this new year settles in, I wanted to come up with a to do list of 21 items to accomplish in 2021. It may seem simple, but it is amazing how often we forget to do all of the important, necessary things.
Here are 21 things to do in 2021:
- Be open minded.
- Don’t take your health for granted.
- Go outside.
- Examine what you tolerate and be mindful of what you say yes to.
- Don’t forget to laugh.
- Dream about where you will go when the world opens again.
- Have some fun.
- Reflect. Remember. And carry the most important lessons learned this last year.
- Learn to let go of the rest.
- Practice positivity and optimism.
- Be a kind human.
- Tell people that you love that you do.
- If you find yourself in the wrong story, find the confidence to change the narrative.
- Listen more.
- Do more things that make you truly happy.
- Be grateful for the work that you do every single day.
- Write out your goals.
- Be relentless in doing small steps every day in getting to wherever you want to be.
- Judge less. Create more.
- Fall in love with yourself and your one and only beautiful life.
That is the long and short of it. There is enough time to do all of it and maybe just maybe, it will be the best year yet. Practicing optimism is surely not going to hurt any of us. Cheers to 2021 and all of the hope it brings along with it.
Read more blogs by Katie Moore here.
Katie Yackley Moore is a freelance writer, real estate agent, yoga instructor and a momma of four navigating life and a separation and finding herself in the process. She adores coffee shops, laughing until it hurts and impromptu dance parties. Her work has appeared on Scary Mommy, Mamalode and HuffPost Parents. She has published a journal entitled “Dream a Bigger Dream” and the children’s books “You Are a Warrior” and “We are Family” and just finished her first novel. Catch up with her between tea breaks at The Naked Momma and on Facebook.