A bit of help around the house, family time and happy hour with the girls can make the perfect Mother’s Day. If you are wondering how to make the day special, consider these options.
Have a honey-do list
Start the day with Mom calling the shots. Is there a project she’s been wanting to tackle? A closet that needs organizing? A flowerbed that needs weeding? Even something as simple as a load of laundry that needs finishing? All she has to do is ask, and the rest of the family is on it. No whining allowed.
Celebrate with brunch
No mom wants to cook on Mother’s Day, so brunch is a great option. Here are some spots highly recommended by our Facebook fans.
- Chart House, Annapolis – Featuring items such as Crab Cake Benedict and Macadamia Nut Crusted French Toast. Chart-house.com/locations/annapolis
- Killarney House, Davidsonville – Buffet with carving station and traditional Irish favorites. killarneyhousepub.com
- Miss Shirley’s Cafe, Annapolis – Regular breakfast including Benne Seed Chicken ‘N Waffles and Coconut Cream Stuffed French Toast. missshirleys.com
- Primo Pasta Kitchen, Riviera Beach – Special brunch buffet featuring items such as Italian Strata and Strawberry Cannoli Pancakes. primopastakitchen.com
- Rip’s Country Inn, Bowie – Buffet with everything from omelets made to order to a carving station. ripscountryinn.com
- Severn Inn, Annapolis – Traditional buffet including Creamed Chipped Beef and Creamy Cheddar Grits. severninn.com
Enjoy time with friends
Nothing beats a little girl time after a day with the kids, so a girls night would make a Mother’s Day perfect for most moms. If you can’t fit girl time into your Mother’s Day plans, squeeze in a girls night on Mother’s Day eve. At the very least, carve out an hour or so in the afternoon to visit a nearby spa for a pedicure with your besties.