Looking for a few fun activities for your kids this week in Maryland? Here are our top pics from our post of summer fun ideas every day this summer.
- Visit the Calvert Marine Museum — Fun hands-on activities bring the Chesapeake Bay to life. Located at the mouth of the Patuxent River, the museum has exhibits, otters, a marsh walk, lighthouses, river cruises and more.
- Challenge the kids to a ropes course — Get active and boost confidence while climbing among the tree tops on one of several ropes courses in the area. Kids will love the obstacle courses, zip lines and giant swings available.
- Visit Watkins Regional Park in Upper Marlboro — Play on the Oz themed playground, take a train ride, ride a carousel, play miniature golf and visit animals at a farm — all at this amazing park.
- Take the kids bowling for free — Area bowling alleys offer two free games of bowling daily all summer long for kids registered.
- Swim at the Hammerman Area of Gunpowder Falls State Park — Cool off at a large beach near the mouth of the Gunpowder River. The park has swimming, boat rentals, concessions, playgrounds and trails for hiking.
Visit the 100 Days of Summer post on our website for new ideas for summer fun every day between Memorial Day and Labor Day.