With many kids in virtual school, Valentine’s Day will come and go without the wealth of candy hearts, lollipops and chocolate hearts and goodies.
You can keep local kid friendships going with these Valentine’s friendship boxes, which you can fill with candy treats or just a simple poem.
- 1 empty box, any size
- Valentine themed wrapping paper or pink/red construction paper
- Pink construction paper
- White paper for poem
- White craft glue
- White ribbon
- Wrap the empty box in wrapping paper or construction paper.
- Tie white ribbon around the box and tie into a bow on the top.
- Print out the poem below.
- Trim the poem and glue the trimmed poem to pink construction paper.
- Trim the pink construction paper to give it an even border all the way around.
- Glue the poem to the box.
- Add candy treat if desired
Friendship Box Poem
by Amanda Formaro
Inside this fancy little box
I placed a gift so nice
You’ll probably always cherish it
Not even thinking twice
Now even though this box I give
Holds nothing you can touch
I’ve placed inside our friendship
It’s you I like so much!